Child Maintenance

The court has very limited powers to deal with issues relating exclusively to child maintenance.

A court is only able to make a child maintenance order if both parties to a divorce are in agreement as to the level of maintenance to be agreed and the period of time that it is to last for.

It is also possible to include in any agreement how school fees and future education fees will be met by each party to the divorce.

However, if the parties to a divorce are in dispute about child maintenance then a referral to the Child Support Agency (CSA) will have to be made. The CSA will then make an assessment as to the level of maintenance a party has to pay.

Fixed Fee Divorce - for more information click here.

For legal advice contact Paul Ireland Solicitors on 01925-694899
or via email